This is an in person class held at Baaad Rabbits in New West.
You need to know how to knit and purl to take this class.
This is an in person workshop for those of you who would like to learn how to fix your mistakes in knitting. Regardless of how long you've been knitting for, you never stop making mistakes, the key is becoming confident in fixing them in an efficient and stress less way!
The class will cover the following:
- Understanding of the left and right 'leg' of your stitch, and how it is mounted on your needle.
- Dropping down a stitch on stockinette, reverse stockinette and garter and back up again!
- Tinking (un-knitting) whilst ensuring the mount of your stitch is maintained.
- Fixing a wrong mounted stitch
- Ripping back and placing your stitches back on your needle successfully.
- Sunday September 17th 9:30am - 11:30am
- Sunday November 19th 1:30pm - 3:30pm
A swatch must be completed before the class starts, details below.
Materials required (not included):
Yarn: Smooth DK or worsted weight yarn, 40m/ 45y/ 20g in a solid colour and high contrast.
Needles: As recommended on the ball band
Crochet hook: similar size to the needle you are using.
Cast on 20 sts and knit 6 rows.
Row 1 (RS): Knit
Row 2 (WS): Knit 10 sts, purl 10 sts.
Repeat rows 1 & 2 until the piece measures 4 inches in length.
Instructor: Rebecca Glazier
Covid policy: Baaad Rabbits strongly supports the wearing of masks whilst respecting everyone's personal choice. Masks are recommended but not mandatory.
Please note - Baaad Rabbits is located in an old building with no insulation - if it is cold outside, the shop is also cold in the morning - please dress accordingly.
Refunds or Credit for future classes will only be provided if we are notified either by phone or email at least 72 hours in advance of the class or workshop.
We request you do not attend the class if you are feeling unwell, please note, partial class refund is not available, and the 72 hour cancellation policy applies.
Rebecca has been knitting since she was 7 years old and has always had a love for textiles and colour. Teaching people how to knit and crochet expresses ne of her greatest joys; sharing her creativity and passion with people.